Canada’s Express Entry is an online system designed to manage and streamline the application process for skilled workers who wish to immigrate to Canada. It is a popular pathway for those seeking permanent residency in Canada as it provides an efficient and streamlined process.
What is Canada Express Entry?
The Express Entry system is designed to manage applications for permanent residence in Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
The process begins by creating an online profile that will assess your eligibility for one of the programs. The profile will be assigned points based on factors such as age, education, work experience, language proficiency, and other factors. If you meet the minimum requirements, you will be placed in a pool of candidates and given a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. You will then be ranked against other candidates in the pool, and those with the highest CRS scores will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
How to Apply for Canada Express Entry:
To apply for Canada Express Entry, follow these steps:
- Determine your eligibility: You must meet the eligibility criteria for one of the programs mentioned above.
- Complete a language proficiency test: You must take a language proficiency test to prove your proficiency in either English or French.
- Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): If you completed your education outside of Canada, you would need to get an ECA to show that your qualifications are equivalent to Canadian standards.
- Create an online profile: Create an online profile on the Government of Canada’s website and enter your personal information, education, language proficiency, and work experience.
- Receive a CRS score: You will receive a CRS score based on your profile. If your score meets the minimum requirements, you will be placed in a pool of candidates.
- Wait for an Invitation to Apply (ITA): Those with the highest CRS scores will be invited to apply for permanent residence. You will have 60 days to submit your application once you receive an ITA.
- Submit your application: Submit your application along with all the necessary documents within the specified timeframe.
- Get a Medical Exam and Police Clearance: You will need to undergo a medical exam and obtain a police clearance certificate as part of the application process.
- Receive a Decision: Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive a decision on whether you have been granted permanent residence.